Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 30 of 34  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3234 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: January 24th, 2013, 8:10 pm
Instead of posting FD scale stuff here at under shipbucket forums, I suggest you open yourself a thread in the FD scale sub folder for your AU.
Otherwise, keep up with the good work ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: January 24th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Yeah, I was planning to do that. Just wanted to post them here see what people thought before I do anything else.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:33 pm
I posted an unfinished DDG a long time ago. Anyway it´ts finished now. I present to you the Ragnar Lothbrok class guided missile destroyer. Commisioned in the early 90s.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:35 pm
woa....
what is that huge barrelled gun?
isn't that radar mast a tad cramped?
something feels off about her, but I cannot find it on first glance....

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:45 pm
The barrel is of similar size to the Oto Malera 127mm. The radar "patches" might be big but it´s not as big inside. The structure it self is based on the proposed APAR system. The arrays are bigger than the original arrays.

[Profile] [Quote]
Fox
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Karle94 wrote:
I have made the first, or should I say the last class of nuclear powered submarine(s) for Norseland. The sub is named Svarti Dauthi class. (Svarti Dauthi means black death.) The name comes from it`s dark hull and it`s mission; to mersylessly hunt down anything and everything the Soviet navy has and destroy it. The combination of speed, firepower and stealth is only comparable or surpassed by the Seawolf. The subs are greatly appreciated by NATO and the name alone will make any Soviet officer feel the chills, the sight of one would make them fear for their safety. With a 40 kts top speed and 12 torpedo tubes with space up to 50-60 torpedoes and SSMs the sub is deffinetly a cold blooded killer that will never stop until the hunter is dead, or the hunted is dead.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93982636/Shipb ... ingSSN.png

Aren't Electro-Diesel Subs quiter then nuclear powered subs?
alas that what my Sergeant told me

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 9:02 pm
AIP subs are quiter. Normal Electro-Diesels are not. At least not when comparing them to the Seawolf and the Virginia wich are the best nukes in the world.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 9:14 pm
Karle94 wrote:
The barrel is of similar size to the Oto Malera 127mm. The radar "patches" might be big but it´s not as big inside. The structure it self is based on the proposed APAR system. The arrays are bigger than the original arrays.
which makes the systems backing them bigger as well. cooling, power generating, computing, waveguides, all scale with the arrays.

and the barrel looks HUGE in length, the barrel being twice the length of the turret instead of just as long. you know they cut back RoF for the /64 mount, due to that longer barrel, right?
Karle94 wrote:
AIP subs are quiter. Normal Electro-Diesels are not. At least not when comparing them to the Seawolf and the Virginia wich are the best nukes in the world.
and that is why the dutch dieselelectric subs still beat the USN ones in exercises every now and then.
really, diesel subs are quieter then nukes, due to the nukes needing to cool their reactor constantly + the turbines vibrating while the electrical engines make next to no noise except for the propeller. nukes have the speed and range on their side, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 9:20 pm
The barrel has been shortened and the radar tower has been made longer.

[Profile] [Quote]
Fox
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 13th, 2013, 9:25 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Karle94 wrote:
and that is why the dutch dieselelectric subs still beat the USN ones in exercises every now and then.
really, diesel subs are quieter then nukes, due to the nukes needing to cool their reactor constantly + the turbines vibrating while the electrical engines make next to no noise except for the propeller. nukes have the speed and range on their side, though.

awwhhh, Ace beat me too it
:lol:

anyway my point exactly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 30 of 34  [ 336 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3234 »

Jump to: