Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13 14 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 5th, 2013, 4:39 am
Dear BB1987, yes, my offer is still very much valid, although, due to circumstances beyond my control, I've not been able to even begin, except making it up in my head.
You have certainly succeeded with the overall layout; I in particular love the bridge! However, would you mind if I attempt to "clean up" some lose ends, and what could be problematic solutions? You certainly have come extremely close to my idea of the Montana.
@ erik_t: to my knowledge the SPS-48 was not yet developed at the time of the assumed conversion of the Montana. So, the 3D radar set that is, I think is good enough, although I, too, would want the SPS-2.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 5th, 2013, 11:10 am
here is it with SPS2
[ img ]
Bezo you are free to clean up all the loose ends you want.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 5th, 2013, 10:40 pm
Well, if there's one ship that can have a set as massive as SPS-2 that high up, it's a battleship.

A Montana like this would have been a mobile disaster area for enemy planes! Add to that the nuclear capabilities of Talos...

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 6th, 2013, 8:20 am
Great work, all of these are stunning but the double-ender just seems even more awesome than the rest. A floating platform of SAMs, in the real world she would have packed a powerful, but expensive, punch. I don't know what the costs of these rebuilds would have been but I'm sure the USN could have got a couple of smaller DDGs for the price and yard time.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 4:32 am
Quite a few DDGS, one would think. It's instructive to compare this hull against CG-10. Tonnage of... what, five times the cruiser?... and a whole two extra Tartar and a few 5/38 to show for it. And that's the fault of physics, not of BB1987. Large discrete GMFCS sets and arm-launchers can really break our mental perception of how worthwhile a ship could or should have been.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 8:34 am
This last is the most beatiful of all BB Montana.

An Iowa Battleship can also save the World from aliens ("Battleship" the movie).

Anyway,if Americans did want to modifie their battleships to BBG,I think that they would retain the front 16" turrets or at least one,they are the second more powerful naval guns ever built (after BB Yamato 18.1").

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 3:00 pm
i've made some slight changes on the full-Talos prosposal for BB-70 following some advices from Bezobrazov:
[ img ]

and i've also made a quick kitbash for a mixed Terrier/Talos proposal roughly following Uss Long Beach lines.
[ img ]
on this one the radar suite might need some adjustements, if that's the case let me know.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 6:53 pm
Nice version on the Talos/Terrier version, but, yes, what I'd do is to move the SPS-30 to where the SPS-2 is currently, and thus delete the latter altogether. Also, and I'm sorry I didn't pick this up earlier, on your Talos version, you can omit the either the forward or aft SPW-2. One of them is redundant. Also, did you get my suggestion to heighten the pylons of the SPG-49 installation? What I'd suggest is to delete the SPW-2 behind your forward SPG-49, raise it some six or so feet and perhaps move it aft correspondingly.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 7th, 2013, 7:09 pm
are you sure those SPW-2's are redundant, as the missile cruisers had 2 as well, IIRC. or is it 2 per ship instead of 2 per launcher?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: