Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 10th, 2013, 6:32 pm
Here is an updated version. Still more to do, but there was significant progress to show you. Everytime I try to correct that blurred type, it still is blurred. I'm using the right font and size. What am I doing wrong?
[ img ]

Updated Specs;
6 – Mk41 30mm Bushmasters (2 in old 40mm quad positions before 16” Turret 1, and on main deck, either side of Turrets 2 and 3)
10 – 155mm/62 AGS-L (in former 5” twin positions).
4 – 57mm/70 (2 on each side on inside 2nd level. just aft of bridge at former 40mm quad mount, and below aft gun director).
4 – Mk49 21-cell Ram (1 each side in tubs behind and below bridge, 1 each side just behind stack, 1 each side in tubs beside tower behind stack 2).
4 - Phalanx Block 1B (1 each side behind bridge, 1 each side beside stack 2).
8 – Harpoon quad canisters (4 each side of stack 2).
256 – Mk41 VLS between the stacks on new built up platform (bottom of VLS cells on main deck). Still believe there is space (unconfirmed) for up to 384 tubes.
New platform between the stacks for VLS.
Elevator to below deck hanger facilities for 4 SH-60 SeaHawks aft of turret 4. (not visible in this view)
Several mack/mast changes.
Updated radars and Gun Directors

Last edited by DJBattlestations on June 17th, 2013, 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 10th, 2013, 6:44 pm
First of, go to the link and click the picture another time, so that you get this URL:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DJBattle ... ana_7a.png
and then you post that one within the IMG-markers. That way we can see the picture directly. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 10th, 2013, 6:57 pm
Interesting point by Jabba, but has Chobham armour ever been used in Ships?????????????

[Profile] [Quote]
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 17th, 2013, 7:45 am
Updated again from last post. I have moved the 57mm's back away from the 16" Turrets #2 & 3, added Chaff launchers and adjusted the Harpoon layout. I altered the VLS deck, so it better reflects that it is wider. A few more radar and antenna upgrades. Misc details and 4-.50 cal MGs added.

Still, everytime I try to correct that blurred type, it still is blurred. I'm using the right font and size. What am I doing wrong?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 17th, 2013, 2:07 pm
I just don't agree with having AGS guns and those modern 37mm turrets...

This would be a lot more believable with the original 5"/54s kept in place.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 17th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Especially since he doesn't have the physical space for them abeam like that. Realistically the only real space he has for them is as 1-for-1 replacements for the main battery.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 17th, 2013, 9:25 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Especially since he doesn't have the physical space for them abeam like that. Realistically the only real space he has for them is as 1-for-1 replacements for the main battery.
this guy just doesn't want to go for realism.....

[Profile] [Quote]
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 10:21 am
The previous drawings have been updated. Unless any of you can point out something I need to change or fix, I think this is the final version. I decided to leave the aft mast and probably a few other technical issues that have met with some objections and debate about the realististic practicality, previously. I am convinced, that the most major issue would be, the additional VLS weight and it's new Kevlar platform. I believe everything else is pretty much a tradeoff.

If someone wants to take it from here and redo some of it the way you would do it, then go ahead. I don't care if I get any credit or not. This is probably the only Shipbucket project I will undertake. If I did anything else, it would probably be a top view of this same ship. I would hope somebody else tackles that one in the future.

I would like to thank each and every one of you who participated and commented on this thread. I am truly grateful for the direction, schooling, suggestions, debate, and help that I have recieved here. I apologize if I was a pain and stepped on any toes, as I truly did not intend to rock the boat. I did seem to misstep from time to time. I hope you'll forgive me.

No one ever told me how to fix the problem with the type blurring when I typed in new text, so I drew it.

Mr. Moderator, should the completed version be uploaded to the "Never-Built Designs" section?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 10:40 am
Never build is a section where we post drawings of ships that was designed by the real world navies but never launched. you'r drawing is an Personal drawing... so it say it self.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 2:35 pm
DJBattlestations wrote:
Mr. Moderator, should the completed version be uploaded to the "Never-Built Designs" section?
It's like you're not even reading. At all.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: