Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 1:49 pm
BB, on the Talos, you did just fine with the forward most paired guidance, homing radar set, but I'd not separate the second pair as you did. I merely meant that you ought to set them closer, but it was perfectly ok to have them where they were. Might you tweak it one more time to reflect tat?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: April 8th, 2013, 1:54 pm
Kamikazi wrote:
You need to use an "IMG" tag not an "URL" tag!

"USS Missouri BBMG3 proposed ballistic missle monitor. "
[ img ]

some more!:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 17th, 2013, 10:46 pm
It's been awhile here, but i once had a 1985 Montana in the works, it's actually still not finished but at least she's presentable enough to be posted (the chaff launchers and the Mk.37/25 director still need to be placed abeam the fore-funnel, other than that it's mostly a detailing job.):
[ img ]
basically the layout it's extremely simple, BB-67 got the "Iowa treatement", the only difference is that given the wider beam and different secondary gun layout it's possible to retain an extra pair of 5-inch guns: the aft superfiring ones. Yes their after arcs of fire are quite bad (they probably cannot fire end-on) because of the superstructure under the aft ABL launchers but the broadside fire is unobstructed; given the fact that such ship would probably end up using her guns for shore-bombardment duties like the Iowas and would have fired full broadside i thougt it was a fair trade to leave them there...

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 12:16 am
Looking good so far!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 6:32 am
BB1987 wrote:
It's been awhile here, but i once had a 1985 Montana in the works, it's actually still not finished but at least she's presentable enough to be posted (the chaff launchers and the Mk.37/25 director still need to be placed abeam the fore-funnel, other than that it's mostly a detailing job.):
basically the layout it's extremely simple, BB-67 got the "Iowa treatement", the only difference is that given the wider beam and different secondary gun layout it's possible to retain an extra pair of 5-inch guns: the aft superfiring ones. Yes their after arcs of fire are quite bad (they probably cannot fire end-on) because of the superstructure under the aft ABL launchers but the broadside fire is unobstructed; given the fact that such ship would probably end up using her guns for shore-bombardment duties like the Iowas and would have fired full broadside i thougt it was a fair trade to leave them there...
I love it BB1987!!!! ;) I was already borrowing from your 1948 version. (I hope you don't mind) Now I need to borrow from this. :idea: You made much better adjustments on this "80's conversion than I've done on mine. I have been working on a 2013 version. I know I'm pushing the boundries. I'm a newbie, just joined and have no idea what I'm doing. On that arc of fire. I did the same thing on my #4 AGS (L) Kinda got an overhang to deal with, but I agree that it's worth the trade-off. In my case, I still have 4 with a high arc. Of course it is all speculation.

Last edited by DJBattlestations on June 18th, 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 6:48 am
DJBattlestations, why are you hijacking BB's excellent thread with this crap?

[Profile] [Quote]
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 7:19 am
acelanceloet wrote:
Oops! Everytime I turn around I seem to step on someones toes. I certainly don't mean too, and I certainly don't want to "hijack" anyones thread. Should I PM BB1987 to discuss this and get permission from him?? (I told you, I'm a newbie.) Anyways, If he asks me to do so, I will gladly delete the post. I have what I want anyways, so I'm about to make myself scarce on here, and let you kids have it. I just needed a break from my normal routine and this made a good little side project for me. I need to stick to music creation and stay away from shipbuilding anyways.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 2:56 pm
DJBattlestations wrote:
Should I PM BB1987 to discuss this and get permission from him?? (I told you, I'm a newbie.) Anyways, If he asks me to do so, I will gladly delete the post.
as long as you use a real-life/never-built ship wich is already in the archive and mantain proper crediting there is (or there should be) no problem on the matter :) ; obviously make proper efforts to concieve and craft someting worth of the original ;) .

anyway, here is the Ronald Reagan-era U.S.S. Montana finally completed.
[ img ]

i've also updated the first page with the missing drawings, next step might be a 1994 VLS refit for BB-69 Maine on wich i'm still puzzling around; it's also possible that i'll scrap her completely and call this thread done.. for now.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on June 18th, 2013, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 3:02 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Now I don't think anyone deserves to be spoken to like that...

DJBattlestations, just to be clear, you are more than welcome to post your work on this forum. Don't let the angry kids and the whiners drive you away. I would however suggest that instead of posting your drawing in this specific thread, that you just confine it to the thread you have already posted. Perhaps just a link back to that thread would be good - if only so as not to detract from BB1987's work. This is a general courtesy that we try to follow here.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 5:20 pm
Very nice, my friend...look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: