Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 5:27 pm
BB1987 wrote:
next step might be a 1994 VLS refit for BB-69 Maine on wich i'm still puzzling around
please don't go that way........ if you do though., take a look at that thread of djbattlestations, there are posted most of the objections and possibilities of such an ship.

btw, are you sure the aft superstructure can take those ABL's over there? seeing that at least one of them seems to have been placed on some overhanging deck or something.......

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 18th, 2013, 6:29 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
BB1987 wrote:
next step might be a 1994 VLS refit for BB-69 Maine on wich i'm still puzzling around
please don't go that way........ if you do though., take a look at that thread of djbattlestations, there are posted most of the objections and possibilities of such an ship.
Well, i'm not too sure if doing that myself either so "dont' worry", and anyway in case i'd do my best to not do anything blatantly silly.
acelanceloet wrote:
btw, are you sure the aft superstructure can take those ABL's over there? seeing that at least one of them seems to have been placed on some overhanging deck or something.......
the ABL arrangement on the aft superstructure mirros that of the USS iowa (PIC), only the foremost part of the front ABL is on an overhang (and yet beign supported by struts from below), the platform goes overhang on it's outer side too, but there are no launchers placed there; th main weights rest all on solid bulkheads and deck structures.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Montana Class Missile conversionsPosted: June 27th, 2013, 4:39 pm
BB1987 wrote:
DJBattlestations wrote:
Should I PM BB1987 to discuss this and get permission from him?? (I told you, I'm a newbie.) Anyways, If he asks me to do so, I will gladly delete the post.
as long as you use a real-life/never-built ship wich is already in the archive and mantain proper crediting there is (or there should be) no problem on the matter :) ; obviously make proper efforts to concieve and craft someting worth of the original ;) .

anyway, here is the Ronald Reagan-era U.S.S. Montana finally completed.
[ img ]

i've also updated the first page with the missing drawings, next step might be a 1994 VLS refit for BB-69 Maine on wich i'm still puzzling around; it's also possible that i'll scrap her completely and call this thread done.. for now.
Very well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 14  [ 133 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14

Jump to: