Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 5:06 pm
kevlar is about the worst material you could ever choose for that structure. only if you would have used triplex or something like it it could have been worse.
the VLS, and the weight of it, is actually the least of all the problems this ship has. you seem, as klag notes above me, to have not read anything of what I said before.
ow and I know the answer to your blurry text problem, but I just don't bother to help you any more, as it seems you did not appriciate it when I did.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 6:08 pm
DJBattlestations wrote:
The previous drawings have been updated. Unless any of you can point out something I need to change or fix, I think this is the final version. I decided to leave the aft mast and probably a few other technical issues that have met with some objections and debate about the realististic practicality, previously. I am convinced, that the most major issue would be, the additional VLS weight and it's new Kevlar platform. I believe everything else is pretty much a tradeoff.
The AGS batteries lack the internal volume for their magazines. Your ship likely lacks the electrical power to drive the electronics, much less the AGS battery. The VLS is poorly positioned and you even have structures overhanging it.
DJBattlestations wrote:
No one ever told me how to fix the problem with the type blurring when I typed in new text, so I drew it.
You have anti-aliasing enabled for text. Turning that off is different in each image editing program.
DJBattlestations wrote:
Mr. Moderator, should the completed version be uploaded to the "Never-Built Designs" section?
The Never Built Section is for designs that are developed from some serious proposal. The various Iowa refit options from the 1980s are candidates (and some are currently located there). The Cruise ship refit of Big-U would be a candidate. This is not.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 6:39 pm
If you can't turn of the anti-aliasing(I can't in MS Paint), here's the proper fonts, just copy paste. I use a space between each letter of two-three pixels, the latter being the more usual.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 24th, 2013, 8:21 pm
KHT wrote:
If you can't turn of the anti-aliasing(I can't in MS Paint)
I can, but only in size 8 and 10!

[Profile] [Quote]
DJBattlestations
Post subject: Re: USS Montana BB-67 2013 Modernization (under constructionPosted: June 25th, 2013, 10:16 am
Thanks guys! I made a few more detail corrections. I guess I did miss the anti-aliasing. Getting old, short attention span, too big a hurry. I said Kevlar, assuming it would be Kevlar plated steel. Heck I don't know what it would be built out of. May need to use plastic, so it won't sink from the weight.

Sir acelanceloet, I really do appreciate your input. I understand. Your here, doing your best to maintain a certain realistic standard, and I pushed over the boundries. I have a ship that wouldn't float. Please forgive this old guy who took a fantasy idea that had been in my head for many years, and brought it to life here. It was on my (ship) bucket list.

As I posted earlier, I'm outta here, unless I come back in the future to do that top view. I wish you all the best.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7

Jump to: