Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1390 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 14th, 2010, 3:55 pm
Too bad the Nashorns were so unsuccessful, they were very nice looking little ships, though I've always had a soft spot for CDS and monitors.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2010, 9:02 am
SpamBot 454 wrote:
Too bad the Nashorns were so unsuccessful, they were very nice looking little ships, though I've always had a soft spot for CDS and monitors.
Then you will be pleased to see the third ship of Nashorn-class, equipped with the 38cm-twin-turret of Yorck-class battlecruiser. Just turn on page back. :D
Btw: a monitor doesn't have to look nice... :twisted:

I compared the 28cm with the 38cm-gun and our mates here where right: the 28cm is a good gun for a cruiser but for shorebombing the disadvantages are too big.

28cm
max. range: 42600 m
max. 3,75 shots/min.
weight 315 kg with 21,8 kg explosives
barrel lifetime 300 shots

38cm
max. range: 55000 m
max. 2,1 shots/min.
weight 800kg with 64,2 kg explosives
barrel lifetime 242 shots

The delivered explosives and the range make the 38cm much more effective.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Don't bother guys, The ADU Navy will be stay strong against the Deutsche Kriegsmarine :P:P

[Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Waldersee CVB rebuildPosted: November 18th, 2010, 7:40 am
Before launching the third Bismarck-class battleship 'Waldersee' there were plans to rebuild the ship to a battleshipcarrier like the japanese Hyuga, but with a fullscale airwing. The plan was dropped for two new light carriers and the Waldersee was built to the known battleship.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 20th, 2010, 10:07 am
I quite like those!!

[Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Nashorn finally as barracks shipPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 3:23 pm
Here the Nashorn as ended up as barracks ship:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 6:44 pm
Scharrenberg supported me today with a bunch of extremely useful stuff. Lots of photos and drawings of radars, antennas, etc. Would you believe, something like AEGIS was planned in 1945? I wouldn't have. But I know the source. And that's only one thing. I am completely off socks! I'll have to revise most of my drawings.

Many, many thanks for all those documents!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Ashley
Very nice drawings, I like the Nashorn as barracks ship.
As a barracks ship is she intended to move by herself?
If so, you may consider putting more AA guns, the single Vierling is not enough IMHO.
If it was meant as a stationary ship then maybe remove the propellers sealing the shafts.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 9:26 pm
Ashley wrote:
Scharrenberg supported me today with a bunch of extremely useful stuff. Lots of photos and drawings of radars, antennas, etc. Would you believe, something like AEGIS was planned in 1945? I wouldn't have. But I know the source.
I'm going to need the source on that.

Napkinmarine Ahoy!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 9:31 pm
Ashley wrote:
Would you believe, something like AEGIS was planned in 1945?
My best guess would be that this would be merely a system for tracking multiple in-bounds (keep in mind there was barely any idea of even beam-riding radar, if at all) likely by using multiple radar set-ups.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1390 »

Jump to: