Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 67 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 165 66 67 68 6976 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 8th, 2014, 4:06 pm
Judah14 wrote:
Nice designs, altough I would expect current (2000's+) versions of those weapons to feature the standard Picatinny rail interface system for attaching accessories such as scopes, red dot sights, NV/thermal sights, slings, flashlights, foregrips, etc.
Updated in previous page.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 8th, 2014, 6:37 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
-The famous SMG Aris was based on M1A1 Thompson, rechambered for the succesful indigenous 7.92X36 EPK ammunition. First variant, the A1, retained the wooden parts of M1A1 and later A2/A3 use plastic parts (the A3 has a folding stock).
Would the 7.92x36 work in a blowback Thompson ? was it not developed for a gas operated light machine gun ?
Anyway I love the pics 8-)

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 8th, 2014, 7:40 pm
Also wouldn't the Thompson have it's foregrip retained in the 21st century given that most assault rifles have them now?

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 3:17 am
APDAF wrote:
Also wouldn't the Thompson have it's foregrip retained in the 21st century given that most assault rifles have them now?
Actually in the 21st the "plain" handguard would be replaced with a Picatinny quadrail which allows for attachment of a wide variety of accessories.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 6:40 am
JSB wrote:
odysseus1980 wrote:
-The famous SMG Aris was based on M1A1 Thompson, rechambered for the succesful indigenous 7.92X36 EPK ammunition. First variant, the A1, retained the wooden parts of M1A1 and later A2/A3 use plastic parts (the A3 has a folding stock).
Would the 7.92x36 work in a blowback Thompson ? was it not developed for a gas operated light machine gun ?
Anyway I love the pics 8-)

JSB
Look this, a submachine gun designed in real Hellas. Gas operated light machine gun, with that ammunition. Article refers to the Thompson also, I think the conversion is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPK_%28Pyr ... achine_gun

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 7:39 am
Judah14 wrote:
APDAF wrote:
Actually in the 21st the "plain" handguard would be replaced with a Picatinny quadrail which allows for attachment of a wide variety of accessories.
Cities Police weapons arsenal (official name Small Arms Maintenance Division) has made modifications to attach indigenous laser sight and flash light. Actually this arsenal is a machine shop specialized in guns modification. All Hellenic Security Forces have SAMD and all cooperate, so any succesfull mod pass to other as well. Among products there are silencers, also produced by gunsmiths for the internal market.

The Aris was on production from 1964-1986, and the Micro Aris 1992-2004.

In HLK citizens are allowed to have pistols for self defense- 0.32 ACP , while pocket pistols are limited to 0.25 ACP. is allowed, hunting rifles or airshoft guns (latter do not need license like other, but its buyer must be at least 18 years old).

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 5th, 2014, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 8:12 am
Personally I wouldn't use the EPK cartridge in a straight blowback weapon. Judging from the dimensions it's roughly as powerful as the 7.62x33mm Kurz. At the very least you'd need a massive bolt to keep it from blowing up in your face.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 12:52 pm
Then I will use the standard 0.45 ACP in this weapon and 9mm/5.7mm in other. There is place for EPK cartigde however in another weapon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 12:56 pm
If you will be using indigenous accessories, you may want to make them compatible with international standards (like the Picatinny rail/STANAG 2324 or NATO accessory rail/STANAG 4694) to make them export-ready. There is a big market (especially in the US) for firearm accessories.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 9th, 2014, 1:35 pm
There are both NATO standard accessories (NATO STANAG 4694)-look in my assault rifles- and non standard. Some are available for export, other not. As I said in page 47, military exports of HLK are fairly limited. US market is also very difficult, particulary in small arms. Armed forces use NATO standard, while security forces mostly non standard. Among NATO standard accessories of Police forces is a scope for snipe rifles (armed forces/security forces snipers share the same rifle), while other are manufactured in two variants with different mounts.

I will design also other firearm accessories (mostly from real Hellas), after a search to my library of defense magazines.

P.S The Andromeda IR sight is now used for training, since is basic design goes back to late 1980's. Although outdated, is still effective. Newer IR/NV sights are among the best of NATO (this is said for real Hellas such products and why not for HLK).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 67 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 165 66 67 68 6976 »

Jump to: