Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 9th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Rather than posting bits and pieces here and there in the AU FD thread I'm starting up this to post them all in a consolidated topic.

To start things off a substantial WIP of a late war bomber (at least an idea thereof).

The DeBelvoir Lilihelm is a four engined heavy bomber powered by four McMillan M1500B-2 16 cylinder V engines outputting around 2,350HP (takeoff power) each, they are fitted with multi-stage superchargers and capable of water injection. (The original design had the engines in a push pull configuration in two nacelles). The design has a crew of eight consisting of the pilot, co-pilot, bombardier/navigator, flight engineer, radio operator and three aerial gunners. The design calls for the aircraft to be able to carry a 9500kg payload 4500km. The design was the first in Atlantia to make use of remote control turrets and barbettes (the armament isn't shown yet). Proposed armament was to be two HS.404 20mm cannon in both the dorsal and ventral turrets and four ANM2/ANM3 .50 HMGs in the tail barbette. Other schemes were trialled and proposed including quad .50 dorsal turrets fore and aft as well as a forward ventral turret with two .50 weapons. Top speed at operating altitude is around 610km/h. A later proposed pair of variants were detailed with two M2500B-2 H-24 engines outputting 3,300HP each and another with four BW-1700B-2 18 cylinder sleeve valve radials.

[ img ]

~Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 9th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Interesting design. I have to say, that at least to me it looks as if someone put a british designed body and attached a german designed cockpit to it. Is that on purpose, or is that just my subjective impression?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 9th, 2012, 10:50 pm
It is indeed on purpose, I was remarking to a friend earlier my fondness for some of the German design philosophies.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 9th, 2012, 11:23 pm
If I may make a suggestion, I'd use a darker line where the outer wing meets the Engine pod. As it is now, it almost looks like it's angled straight up if not for the tip drawn.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 10th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Updates to two the Mediums and something for Obsydian Shade.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Idea for a cruiser based loosely on British practice but integrating ideas lifted from a captured Panther. The 57mm has an auto-loader with a 20odd round magazine capable of firing at around 50 rounds a minute (cyclic).

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 10th, 2012, 5:51 pm
I wonder what the Vickers 75mm L/50 HV Gun, would look like in the tanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm
Have you any pictorial reference of it? I can find plenty of descriptions of the thing but no imagery (or I'm just being very thick).

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 10th, 2012, 6:27 pm
I have google'ed it twice, and only found the Vickers AA 75mm L/50

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 11th, 2012, 9:54 am
On the Lilihelm, I'd probably alter it a bit for more tail area, compare the tail with that of the Lincoln for instance. Also the nose glazing might look a little better with more curved supports, maybe more panels. Overall it looks quite good though.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 11th, 2012, 1:47 pm
Very interesting drawings! :)
However I concur with Hood's worry about Lilihelm's tail area. I compared it with Lancaster and with similar overall size, the tail has an area of about 2/3-3/4.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: