Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Anagonia
Post subject: SSN-85 Thursday Class Nuclear Attack SubmarinePosted: August 19th, 2020, 7:39 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]

Hello All!

I am looking for input into this submarine design I am attempting to finalize for my nation, Anagonia. I was inspired by the Russian Akula-class SSN and decided that I would like to create my own. I wanted it to be smoother and streamlined, and started the design with a pump-jet propeller thinking it would be adequate with a towed array on the rear. After several discussions on the Shipbucket Discord, and wonderful advice provided, this is the end result. I am looking for further peer input on what to improve and if this design overall seems complete.

Thank you sincerely,
Anagonia

EDIT
Corrected spelling mistakes on the specification sheet, reuploaded.

Last edited by Anagonia on August 19th, 2020, 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Anagonia
Post subject: Re: SSN-85 Thursday Class Nuclear Attack SubmarinePosted: August 19th, 2020, 9:58 pm
Updated this design with specifications.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: SSN-85 Thursday Class Nuclear Attack SubmarinePosted: August 19th, 2020, 11:05 pm
Submarines are unusually tricky, but it seems well-drawn and plausible by Shipbucket standards. I do think the sail is probably larger than necessary. But, an Akula's is huge, too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Anagonia
Post subject: Re: SSN-85 Thursday Class Nuclear Attack SubmarinePosted: August 19th, 2020, 11:22 pm
erik_t wrote: *
Submarines are unusually tricky, but it seems well-drawn and plausible by Shipbucket standards. I do think the sail is probably larger than necessary. But, an Akula's is huge, too.
I had that remark in Discord about that, originally the sail was an angled piece that stuck up larger than intended. I was advised to look at an Akula and draw inspiration from it. After I did, I drew that sail and added in the details. I do agree the Akula's is quite large by realistic standards, and I think I drew inspiration from that too. Thank you very much for your critique and comment! I greatly appreciate it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: